Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Page, some kids, a bull, a horse, and a pole.

This stuff is getting a little bit old now but I wanted to post it anyway just to document our adventures. I'm getting caught up now that I've managed to find my key board again. I've just been so busy.

I was walking Page in one of the green spaces by my place when we were approached by some kids. The oldest of them was no more than 6. And at first, their mother was no where to be seen. Okay. Have to deal with the moment. I wasn't sure how Page was going to be with them. So I got her to sit while the oldest boldly approached. She asked if Page was friendly; good child. So I invited her to pat Page. Then she called her brothers over. And they surrounded Page. Yikes! When the mother did finally come over, she was no help at all. Even when I said that Page and I should get going, she didn't herd her children away. OMG: Note to all parents: Don't let your children do what ever they want without any regard for other people's space. Page eventually backed inbetween my legs to stand behind me. I think she had enough. So we went. We wondered around the park some more and the little girl kept appearing at our side. What was her mother doing?!? But over all, Page did very well and I was quite pleased with her.

There are statues of a horse and a bull near my house, on the busy street. We were going to cross the street at the corner near the bull and I never even thought of them. When we stopped at the corner to wait for the light, Page looked around and jumped sideways so that she was facing the bull. I figured that this was going to be a good exposure activity so I took advantage of it. Slowly (very slowly as we got closer), I got Page to approach the bull. With lots of encouragement, pats and "good girl"s (my treat bag was at home), I got her within a couple of feet of the bull. I figured since we were there, I would try the horse that was up the street as well. I had approached this one from behind. Page smelled its hock and ducked right away. I tried so hard not to laugh. It looks like Page's livestock instincts are just fine. But she approached it again right away and smelled it's leg, tail, belly, nose and even wagged her tail at it.

I took her back past these statues again a few days later. We approached from the opposite direction so we met the horse first, head on. She was a little bit more hesitant to approach the horse from this angle. When we approached the bull from the rear, she walked right up and smelt its tail. Silly doggy. I'm hoping to post pictures of her sitting in front of these statues soon, as soon as I can convince her to sit in front of them. :)

In other new experiences, I have pole danced for a number of years. I was playing around on my pole the other day and Page was so curious as to what I was doing that I kept nearly tripping over her. Hopefully it won't be such a shock in the future. Some people are super shocked that I talk about pole dancing so easily and openly. I think the main topic of this blog (Bipolar and PSDs) are way more controversial than pole dancing is. For those of you who may not believe that I have a pole in my house:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I took Beta to the basement so I could pole, she freaked out. She kept circling it and tried to lick my face when I was inverted. She's getting a little more used to it now.