Saturday, May 8, 2010

From the breeders mouth

I've talked with the breeder and wanted to share what she has shared with me about Paige's history.
Paige was born here at Cherfire. Her litter was created to better genetic health in this breed, and to help keep the family line that was so important for health. Paige was the smallest puppy in the litter that lived, her littlest sister died at one day old. Paige was bottle fed, and became my favorite puppy. The litter was evaluated for service dog abilities, and as I wanted to keep Paige to make healthy collies for Cherfire, her sister Party was donated to West Coast Assistance Teams to be trained through their PAWS program, and become a certified service dog!

Paige and her brother Teddy travelled everywhere with me, including a journey for part of a year to Ohio! We travelled to dog shows, and she was my dearest friend. She was well socialized, and well travelled, and became a Champion at a very young age. She also embarked on her obedience training early, and went herding at 7 months of age, easily achieving her instinct test!

A dear friend of mine that owned one of my healthy boys, asked if she could lease Paige for her first litter. I agreed to let her go live with my friend Joyce, so that she would work on her obedience training and St. John's Ambulance therapy certification, and she would produce a wonderful first litter for Joyce. Paige had 4 beautiful babies. I didnt keep any of her babies from that litter, as I thought she would have a litter for me when she returned home, so they were all placed in happy homes with wonderful families, who very much appreciate the health guarantees they were afforded with those babies.

Paige lived one year with Joyce, and then came home to me. I tried to breed her here for almost 2 years, with no luck in having a litter. Paige wanted her own family, and I felt that she really needed to work for someone, and truly shine doing something she loved. I tried one last time to breed her, and took her to my friend Davids home outside of Edmonton to breed to a lovely stud dog there. Unfortunately it was not in the cards for Paige to make more healthy babies, so I never did get a puppy to replace her, but I chose not to waste another year of her life waiting for her to possibly have babies, but offer her to someone where she could make someone's life better. I love Paige, and wanted to do what was best for HER....so I let her come to you, to be on trial to assist you. I am VERY happy that she will have a wonderful home, and be loved and useful to you.

1 comment: