Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Working the election

Mom took me for a good walk this afternoon up and down the hills in the river valley. It’s been a long time since I have seen anything that looks like a hill or done much past going shopping. I had so much trouble keeping up. I kept talking Mom into breaks. She said she didn’t need them but I think she was glad to have them.

Now onto a general update. I’m sorry I don’t write more often. I have trouble getting my paws on the key board because Mom is addicted to a facebook game. It really is very stupid.

We’ve been working the local election that’s happening right now. I’m not sure who they’re electing or why. The ladies that we were working with this weekend suggested that I should run and I told them about my bad knee. Mostly, I’ve decided that elections are boring. Like most other things it involves a lot of laying beside Mom’s chair. While I do get in some good naps during stuff like this, a dog can only sleep for so long. Mom says that it’s important that we do this because somebody has to pay for this den and to keep my kittens fed.

TrainerMarni came over yesterday. And not just as Mom’s friend. They took me out training. Turns out that Mom is getting really frustrated with all this barking that I love doing. But barking is so much fun and it feels so good. And I’m pretty good most of the time and don’t bark when I’m in my vest. So TrainerMarni showed Mom some ways to help me be calmer. Mom tried them last night when I saw a rabbit and it works. I didn’t get nearly excited and rabbits are so exciting. I barked a little bit but didn’t try to chase the rabbit when he decided to run away. Guess I’m going to have to practice because this seems to be really important to Mom.

No comments: