Thursday, April 7, 2011

From the phone

It's crazy late here but I'm required to check in so I grabbed mom's phone which has a blogger app on it. So between paws, phone auto correct spelling and an app that doesn't seem to be working right, please read more what I mean than what I may actually write.

Mom got a phone call this morning and we had to go in for a little bit to work. Yuck! I hate Mom's job! But we did it. Think of the cookies that 3 hours of work can buy. Think of the cookies. Or at least that's what I tell myself to get through.

After a short rest at home, a girl needs her beauty sleep ya know, it was off to a busy afternoon and more exercise than I've had in a very long time. We walked to the post office. Mom had a new book to pick up. Since we were just a few blocks from her mom's office, she decided to stop there. I love going to see grandma, even though I'm not supposed to call her that. :-) Then we walked to the library which is just a few blocks further. Nothing major to report.

Then came the hard stuff! We got on the bus and went to a place that's kinda like a vets office. After mom filled out some paper work, they took me to a little room, pulled on my leg, put some wet stuff on it, and poked it with a pin. They took 2 tiny samples of my blood. Oh my. But it was okay. Mom was there with me and I trust her.

So I was back to chilling in the waiting room. There was these 2 other dogs there that were showing their energy and their desire to dance. Mom made me lie down next to them and practice my relaxation and stay under distraction. I must have passed my first blood test because it was into another vet room we went. This one was bigger with lots of people. Mom lifted me up onto the table nd had me lie down. On my side. They shaved a patch out of my neck, got a big needle, and poked me. They poked me 4 times and evidently didn't find what they were looking for because they flipped me over and tried the other side. So I ended up with two bald spots, 7 needle marks and nothing happened. They were look for something. Blood maybe. They said I was too relaxed and had no blood pressure so they couldn't find my vein. So everybody gave me treats and suggested I come back in a month to try again without the relaxation exercises.

After some outside sniffing, we went across the street to the mall so mom could grab some supper. Mom wanted to look for a pair of jeans so we went to one store. The fit was horrid! So no jeans. We ended up in sellers and mom had to buy yarn. Had to. Complete compulsion. So I ended up sprawled in the middle of the aisle, right were I'm not supposed to be. Mom hunted and hunted and Finally decided on some factory ends. Since she has no idea what she's going to make with it, it was the cheapest way to go. We ended up spending way to long at the mall and came out with a bag of yarn that mom didn't really need. Mom has no idea how that happened but it did.

Then we came home and I slept. And now that my paws are sore from typing on the phone I'm going back to sleep. Good night.

No comments: