Friday, April 15, 2011

Crochet and TV series

Mom has gotten mildly obsessed with her crochet projects lately (she finished one poncho, is nearly done the blanket, and has started on a shall. She even has plans and yarn for a sweater). Didn't help that Mom and Dad had borrowed the "Vampire Diaries" series from the library. When they get hold of a tv series they watch the thing beginning to end. I swear they would watch it all in one day if they had nothing else to do. But since life gets in the way, it typically takes a little under a week and nothing else gets done during that time. That is what Mom is blaming the lack of blogging on. I don't quite understand why I can't play on the computer if she isn't able/willing to supervise.

We had our first CGC class last night. TrainerMarni is running it for all the pooches who want to be service dogs in the area. I'm going along because Mom has never attended a CGC class and TrainerMarni is teaching Mom how to be a coach so that she can help people train their dogs. Mom feels so special that TrainerMarni is willing to have Mom help coach her class. All went well at the class. I met Maggie, a bull mastiff/future seizure response sd. I saw Asker. I got to see Annie again. Haven't seen that little one since I did a puppy class when I first came to Mom. We also met an other dog, I swear I have her name in the back of my head, who is training to be a therapy dog. Maggie's Mom and Dog-without-a-known-name's Mom haven't ever done clicker training before. The people have to get them straightened out because clicker is the way to go.  We didn't do anything fancy. Everybody put on vests so that we knew it was time to focus on our Moms. Then TrainerMarni went around to everybody and shook hands with the Moms and walked around us and "brushed" (no brushes present) us and checked our ears and checked our teeth. At one point, Mom was feeling a little bit shaky so we had us a snuggle. Turns out if you snuggle with your Mom in a certain way, you get cookies. AuntyMaigen was supposed to come to the class but she forgot. I hope she remembers to come next week so I can play with her. I get to teach her how to click properly.

AuntyMaigen almost got the dog that was going to be trained for her SD. Mika. She brought Mika over for visit and we went to the dog park together. Mika had to stay on her leash but I had the best time playing dirtiest dog. (read further down for more about this game). But Mika isn't staying with us. The breeder wasn't upfront with the humans about Mika's history. Turns out Mika has been known to be dog and human aggressive. Bad Mika! So Mika got sent home and AuntyMaigen is left waiting for another dog to come.

Okay. The story about "dirtiest dog". If you have never played this game, you have to. It's the best! The rules: You go with your friends to the dog park in the spring or after a good rain when there is water and mud everywhere. You run, you play, you smile, you have a great time. The humans usually decide that all the dogs win and take us for a bath. The bath isn't a great prize but the game is just so much fun! Mom took me somewhere new for my bath this time. There was a big tub and other dogs who were getting groomed and the big blow drier and everything. And Mom was thrilled because it wasn't pay by the minute. So I got a longer, better bath than I usually get and Mom saved TONS of money.

There is of course other stuff that has happened since last I posted but I don't want to bore everybody. Hopefully now that the tv series is done, I can work on making sure I update every day, two at most. I just have to get in the habit of it. And then the posts won't be so long.

No comments: