Thursday, September 1, 2011

The dangers of working in an office

It's been a busy week. But not really - don't tell Mom I've said that because she says she hasn't had a down moment. We're still working at this terrible temp job. I'm so bored and the floor here is particularly uncomfortable. The people love to look at me and I can't wait to say hi to the lady we come in to replace tomorrow. Mom always lets me say hi to a few key people on our last day at a temp position. She says it's a reward for the people for ignoring me all week but we all know who's really getting the reward.

Yesterday I had the worst luck while at the office. A guy came by to deliver some stuff in boxes. He went to take the slip that needed to be signed to Mom and he didn't see me laying beside her past the stuff he was carrying. He stepped on me. Right on me. I'm okay but it did hurt. I showed him my teeth and everything just to let him know how unhappy I was about this. I promise I just showed them and I didn't use them. As soon as his weight was off me, I jumped up and Mom helped me calm down. I've had some trouble feeling quite safe and confident here today but Mom keeps encouraging me. I barked at a guy today. *blush* There was one guy who was doing something weird at the counter and then this other guy came around the corner and surprised me. I tried to tell Mom that I didn't mean it but she was disappointed in me.

I got to go to the park with Hailey yesterday. My favorite. We played and we played. It was collie day at the park. We ended up meeting up with a whole bunch. They were chasing Frisbees and balls. Such fun.

Mom says she has more fun planned for me for tonight. She won't let me know ahead of time but I'll tell you about it.

And something gross: One of the cats is failing at the potty training and pooping in the bathtub. Yuck!!! Mom has been putting a little bit of water in the tub for the last little bit in order to stop this behaviour.

Also, Dads STILL in town. It's so wonderful having him here. I've missed him. But he was supposed to leave again a while ago. He's getting annoyed at his work for not knowing when he's going away again. I hope he never goes away. I like him here.

No comments: