Friday, August 26, 2011

Planet of the Apes

Dad came into town again yesterday. That meant that it was movie night. This time we went and saw something about smart apes. Mom was so impressed with me. There were monkey sounds through out the entire movie and at one point there was a dog barking. The dog barking made mom anxious but I really didn't care. I got told I was such a good dog for not caring. You want to know the hardest part about going to the movie theater? The popcorn. That yummy, smelly, delicious movie theater popcorn. It's so hard to ignore but I have to. Otherwise, I'm getting the hang of movie theaters. I wait until Mom puts my blanket down and then I lie on it for a couple hours while the room is really dark and loud. And then we leave. No big.

Mom's still trying to potty train my silly cats. The other day, one of them managed to have a pop right in the hole that's in the training pan. Mom threw a little party. Since Sam was right there, he was the one that got all the congratulations even though Mom doesn't know which cat actually did it.

Mom has a temporary office job right now. The first while we were there, I was really awake. New situation and all. Now that Mom and I are used to it, I spend a good chunk of the afternoon having a nap. I know I can nod off because Mom is feeling safe. The worst part of this job? I got a tickle in my one ear while having a nap the first day that we were there and I can't get rid of it. Mom has checked it every day and can't see anything wrong so she took me to the vet today. She says it's just to be sure but I swear that she just felt a random need to torture me. The vet filled my ears with solution and a cream. I ended up covering my own fur in this solution when I shook my head. My beautiful hair. Mom says it made me look oily. Bath time I guess. But not for a bit. Mom doesn't have time right now. With a temp job and everything she has to do for HH, going to have to wait for a day when she has an afternoon. She says another week and a half before she can fit it in. No idea how long that actually is but it sounds like I get to oily for quite a while yet.

Mom says I shouldn't be blogging on the work computer so I have to go. *Sneaks away from the computer*

No comments: