Monday, September 19, 2011

Home Alone

It was completely terrible. I don’t know where she went but she left me home alone for a whole evening. The last time I had to stay home alone…. I can’t even remember. I was so worried about her.  She was so relieved to see me when she got back. She says she went to a “concert”. No idea what that was. But she told me that there were a couple of points where she needed my help. She says she has to teach me how to go to concerts. And football games. And a few other places still. Then I won’t be home alone any more. She says there will always be a few things that are dog inappropriate. “Paint ball” for example. But I will be with her 99% of the time.

That was Friday evening.

Saturday we had a bunch of stuff to do with Hope Heels. I got to see Haylie and Vimy. We met a lady who is going to be the next trainer with us and the first one with the Bravo K9 side of the program. She’s just waiting for her dog.

All day Saturday my tummy was upset. I think it was because I was so stressed out from being left home alone. I really don’t like not knowing where Mom is. And we played a game that confirmed this yet again. They ran me through the “RADISH” test. Something that they are using to screen candidate dogs. At first I couldn’t see where Mom was so I didn’t want to play. We she came and sat where I could watch her, I played a long with their game. They made me do all sorts of silly things. Walk on different surfaces, Look at little wind up toys. Fetch a ball of paper. Investigate a hair drier. Try not to trip on these orange cones. They said that I did pretty good at the game until they tried to walk a dog past. What can I say? Dogs break my brain.

Speaking of dogs breaking my brain: When we first got to the office, Vimy was already there. I wanted to go and say hi so bad but Mom had put my vest on me and didn’t want me too. She worked with CoachSJ for me to be able to get closer and closer to Vimy while in control of myself. We made it to the sitting area without out too many complications. I’m very proud of Mom. She stuck with it and got through it even though she was having a bad day.

We were still sitting there when Haylie came in and sat down kind of close to us but still pretty far away. I wanted to say hello to my bff so bad! I was squirming and trying to get out from my “under”. Mom worked with me with some really tasty treats until I calmed down. Once I calmed, Mom took my vest off me. It had twisted around me as far as it could go and was so uncomfortable. We had to stay there, nice and calm, for a little bit more and then we, all the dogs and trainers, went outside to say hello.

Mom has decided to use Haylie’s super retrieve to her advantage. Haylie is really good at getting her own leash so Mom is teaching her “get Paige’s”. Now if we’re hanging out together, Haylie is going to get both of our leashes so we can go out.

No comments: