Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wintered Happened

For those of you who are from around here, you know that winter can be a long, brutal ordeal. This year, so far (cross your paws), it has been so mild. And I for one am loving it. It’s been right around the freezing point. There has been very little snow and even less reason for people to use that terrible salt stuff on their side walks.

A week ago, we got real winter conditions. It was so cold! Just about –40. I couldn’t even step outside without my boots on. Since I had my boots on, I even wore them around the mall.

017

He we are in this really cool store. Everything has sheep’s wool in it or on it or as part of it. The best part? They have these stuffed sheep all over the place. Mom had to work with me really hard to leave the sheep alone and focus on her instead. I reminded her that I was a herding breed. She reminded me that I’m a wonder dog and that’s much more important.

And that was all the winter we got. One week. There is still snow and it’s not Mexico here (I hear that it’s really warm there) but we’re back to the freezing mark and it’s nice to go outside.

No comments: