Friday, January 6, 2012

Casual Fridays

We've made it through another week of work. To get back into work mode after our time off, Mom made me wear my vest all week. She says I did so well that I didn't have to wear it today. She gets to wear her jeans and I get to leave my vest in the drawer.

We had lots go on this week. Here are a few snippets:

We walked to the bus a few times this week during our lunch hour. Mom says I'm getting much better with them. I can get a lot closer to a stationary bus. A moving bus still has to be pretty far away and I still tense up a little bit when they go past but Mom says they are closer. I don't know if I believe her entirely on the distance stuff. Her eyes don't always judge distance too well. And she thinks I'm starting to generalize to large trucks and such. So she thinks.

We were doing all of our bank runs yesterday and I had one bad stop. But there were barking dogs in the car right there. I couldn't help it. Mom waited for me to calm down but she had to get the banking done. When I couldn't get my barking under control, Mom put me back in the car!!! I couldn't believe it! She put me in the car and went into the bank without me! She was really quick in there but she came out a little frazzled. Poor Mom. I over behaved for all of the other stops.

We went to the park for lunch today. You would not believe how icy it is. Nobody remind the weather gods that it's January here on the Alberta Prairies. They haven't sent the cold or the snow yet. We've actually had freezing rain! But we need a few days of sun shine with a wind to be able to melt that dangerous ice and then suck up the moisture (for those of you who don't know it: The ground is frozen solid here and won't absorb any water). I slipped on the ice. It hurt. It still does. Don't tell Mom, 'kay. I'm trying really hard to hide it but I think she knows. All of my paws tried to go in different directions! The good news is that past the ice there was an area where we can all play on less icy ground. So I sucked it up and ran my little puppy heart out.

And now I've slept all afternoon. Mom even let me roll over on my back! She never lets me do that when I'm working. She says it's not very lady like. But it's so comfortable!

Mom says we get to go home now so I have to get my paws off the keyboard.
Paige the Wonder Dog

No comments: