Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Now that I'm back at work, I managed to sneak onto the computer while Mom was eating her lunch.
I hope that everybody had a great holiday season and got spoiled rotten. While I am typically spoiled rotten, I surprisingly had a very unspoiled Christmas. Nobody brought me anything!!! Mom says that I get enough during the rest of the year that I didn't need anything special. I tried to argue but Mom stayed firm on her opinion. Nothing for the dog. The cats didn't get anything special either and they aren't as spoiled as I am typically so I don't feel entirely terrible.

Dad made it home for Christmas. It was so nice to see him. And his work gave him a few days off more than he usually gets when he's home. But not long enough. He didn't even make it to the new years party.

I had to stay home alone twice over the holidays. Just Dad went out with Mom! She tells me that they are looking for a new den for us. I have to stay home because the people who currently live in the dens they are looking at might not like dogs. She says it's important to do this right because they are going to pay a lot of money for this new den and they have to make sure it's the right one. It's going to be worth it because I'm promised to have a lot of room to throw collie parties and my own back yard. I can go hang out outside when ever I feel like it. I can't wait! Don't tell Mom but I took full advantage of my time home alone. I had a couple of great naps on the couch!

On Saturday (New Years eve), I got to go shopping with Mom. We went to the mall on the last Saturday of boxing week. For Mom, this is quite the feat! She says she would have never been able to do that before I got good at my job. We went clothes shopping. Ugh!! I hate buying human clothing. Wonder slowly around the store. I can't talk to anybody and I can't even smell the clothing. Then I have to lay in the change room while Mom tries everything on. Happily, the people at the store were super helpful and Mom found the jeans that she needed. We also went to the smelliest store I've ever been to. It smelled so good in there but a little over whelming! Mom bought lots of hand soap and was thrilled at the deal that she got. I don't get it.

After the mall we went to my store. We had to get food and litter for my cats. And yummy pork bones for me. See, spoiled!

We went to a New Years Eve party at one of Mom's friend's house. It was great to just get to hang out with all the people without my vest on. There is this little dog that lives at that house who has no manners. I have been crazy understanding with this dog. You have no idea. She follows me around with her nose practically in my tail. Literally. And she doesn't understand all the normal "don't" signals. So I finally shouted it at her. I lost it. I turned around really quickly and touched her with my teeth. Thankfully I only had to do it once. She stopped following me around, thank dog! There were a couple times I had to gently remind her that I didn't want her doing it but she understood much smaller signs. Mom was actually proud of me that I stood up to this dog and made myself understood. I thought I was going to be in so much trouble. Touching with your teeth is not good manners. I hope that little white monster remembers our discussion next time I go over there.   I really don't want to ever have to shout at her again.

Mom is shooing me off the computer. She says she has more cheques to write for work. I'll write again soon.
Paige the Wonderdog.

No comments: