Sunday, August 7, 2011

My beautiful hair

Mom took me to the dog spa yesterday. She’s been trying to learn how to do my baths herself. AuntyMaigen happens to be a professional spa person. I love it when she pampers me. She’s been teaching mom. Yesterday, Mom tried to do it on her own for the first time.

The bath went great. I’m squeaky clean and had a whole bottle of furminator conditioner put into my coat. That stuff always makes me so soft. I had to back into the tub once because Mom managed to not rinse one of my spots really well.

Then it was time for the blow drier. They usually have a good blower where we go but it was broken. So mom had to use a smaller one that only had half the power. And the nozzle didn’t found it. And it was so hot. So Mom lined brushed me while drying each tiny chunk. It was so much heat for so long that it dried my coat out entirely.

Then it was time for the trimming. Mom got a new tool: an shedding rake. After a time, Mom started to panic. This fancy new tool took out way too much coat. Mom totally over did it. So she didn’t do the other side. She called AuntyMaigen instead. AuntyMaigen met us back at our place and they took me out on the balcony and Aunty tried to straighten me out. She took out the proper amount of undercoat on the other side and trimmed it down so it nearly matches mom’s mess.

The good news is that my coat is supposed to grow out evenly with some time. And there was an agreement that AuntyMaigen will do the spring grooming that will take out my winter coat from now on. That means that Mom will probably never use the shedding rake ever again, and that’s fine by both her and me.

And my feet never even got trimmed.

No comments: