Friday, September 17, 2010

Paige goes to work

Paige went to work with me for the first time today. I did it on a bit of a whim. I had a really bad panic attack on the bus on Wednesday. It was bad enough that I couldn't make myself take the bus to school on Thursday. I was even having trouble leaving the house today even though there was no bus involved. So I grabbed Paige, her vest, and a bunch of treats and took her to work with me. That is why I have a SD, to go places with me. She did better than I could have hoped. She hung out under the counter and followed me around when I had work to do. She ignored everybody who came in and paid close attention to me. I didn't have to repeat a command twice all day. Way to go Paige. I'm pretty sure she will be coming with me to every shift now on unless I really am going to be so pressed for time that I won't have a chance to bring her back home. Taking the bus is our last obstacle from being able to truly go everywhere with me. I am one happy puppy mommy and service dog partner.

Pictures to follow when I get them off loaded from my phone.

No comments: