Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tylenol is a bad idea

With the medicine combination that I'm on, Tylenol doesn't agree with me. I get dizzy, disoriented, groggy and it leaves me with no option but to go to sleep until the drug wears off. But I thought I would try again today just to make sure that this was still the case. I've been fighting a migraine today. The kind that makes you miss work and be unable to study for the midterm you have tomorrow. The kind that makes you cringe from all light and sound and when you actually encounter either, your head aches and you get nauseous. Welcome to my day.

I was at a point where I couldn't have any more Advil for a while and was dying of pain. I know that you can layer Advil and Tylenol because, while they are both analgesics, they go after different receptor sites in the brain. If you are going to layer them, take a small dose of Advil and a small dose of Tylenol a couple of hours later. So I figured "how much worse can one, small Tylenol make me feel?" 25-30 minutes later, Nick comes into the bedroom where I had been attempting to read my textbook by soft light and told me I was going to sleep. He removed my book from my hand, turned off my light and took my dog for a walk. Good man. Thanks honey. He was going to wake me up in an hour, and I remember him doing this. He even turned the lamp back on. But I didn't move until I had slept for 3 hours.

If ever I say a Tylenol may be a good idea, somebody please kick me in the shins. It would hurt less and take less time out of my day.

2 comments:

wcteams said...

Good morning! Tylenol IS strong! My son has bad headaches and I give him Advil, in the past I gave him Tylenol and it hits him very hard. I hope your headaches get better, hugs for Paige, and you too!

chowsr said...

I can only take Tylenol. I'm allergic to Iburprofen and ASA.

c