Tuesday, June 1, 2010

6 weeks

I've had Paige now for 6 weeks. That is a long time but it has gone by so fast. I thought I would share with you some of our trials that we have gone through and some of the fun that we've had over that time.

We've done so much exposure stuff just in our own neighborhood. Oh, and we've gone for car rides but I forgot to take a picture of her in the car or at the vets or at our parent's houses. I need to take my camera along more.

We made friends with a horse and a bull.



We've practiced at sliding glass doors. These are the old ones that make terrible noises.


We've played in parks


We found some favorite toys. Puppy is the best. He has a squeaker in him. So does the bone. The globe this is one that you stick some kibble in and she's got to figure out how to get it out.


We've started working on a book of dog tricks


We've spent some time out on the patio. We'll eventually get plants growing in those planters

Don't you just love our view from the balcony!


Marissa would love to come out too but she's not allowed. She tries to run away to the neighbor's porch when she does manage to sneak outside.

We've done lots of grooming. These are our tools and the fur that came out of Paige's mane today. This is a typical amount that we've gotten out of her on numerous occasions while she's been shedding.

I swear Paige is now half the dog she was when we got her. Check out this picture that I took the first day she was with us. The second one was from today before I brushed out that massive fluff pile.



Brushing is so much easier now that the shedding is done. 20 minutes for both sides and just a little pile of loose stuff.

We've worked on stairs and looking at me when we reach the bottom (I may need to go back up or left or right - eventually.)




She is right beside me when we go down or up the stairs. I had to try to back up to get this bad picture. She was so confused why I kept stopping but wanted her to keep going.

She heels right beside me now and can just about ignore other dogs. Just about.

We sit and wait for lights at the corner. She's not remotely bothered about the going ons of the world when she's waiting.


Buses aren't scary anymore unless they sneak up behind us and let off their air brakes.

We spend lots of time walking in the river valley. Check out our playground. There is this massive set of stairs that we go down quite often. One day we'll go up them.



With living in an apartment building, we've had lots of practice riding the elevator. Don't you just love "collie ears"?


Paige had to do a course of antibiotics when she got fixed. No body believes me about how she would take the pill, so here is the video. Sorry about the quality. I'm not very good with my really old camera.



And if you made it to the end of this post, you must be a super hero. Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

3 comments:

wcteams said...

Paige is ADORABLE! I can tell she has stolen your heart and what a good girl she is! SO cute with the pills. You keep her beautifully groomed and give her lots of fresh air. I am so proud of you two! LOVED the pics!
Hugs and Woofs
Leanne and Rosie

Unknown said...

Paige is so beautiful. It makes me want to take my dad's dog and train her better. (he has a collie)

She's doing so well! Congratulations!

How did you get her to eat the pills? Beta refuses. She will even eat all around one in her food dish.

Paige the wonder dog said...

If Beta won't take the pill, rap it in cheese. I had to do this when I gave Paige a benadryl to help her stitches calm down. Benadryls disolve really quickly and taste terrible. And always treat after, either actual treats or just in praise and excitement. It needs to feel like a good thing to do.
Dogs eat around stuff in their food bowls all the time. My last dog would only eat kibbles and bits (garbage food, I know but she would eat it) but she ate around one of the bits. Fussy dog.