Tuesday, October 11, 2011

End of the road, middle of nowhere

Mom took me for a really long drive this weekend. We went and saw Dad up where he’s working right now. We were in the car for 5 hours, each direction! On the way out on Friday night, Mom had an energy drink. She said it’s the first time ever. And she says she’ll never do it again. She says it felt the same as when she is really manic: rapid thoughts; uncontrollable emotions. She felt much better in the morning but has a lot more respect for stimulants and will be more careful when she uses them.

Mom and I hung out for most of the weekend just the two of us. Dad and his co-workers were away working during the day. Mom made supper for them both nights we were there. The guys (and one girl) thought this was a great treat. She cooked these chicken on the bbq that smelt so good. I tried so hard to con one of these guys to give me some. But Mom laid down the law. No chicken (or potatoes) for the dog. Dad snuck me a bite though. It was SO good!!

Mom’s hip has been acting up again. I’ve had to be an extra help around the house. When things fall on the floor, I get them. I don’t like to pick things up in my mouth but I make an exception for when Mom’s hurting. I have picked up her purse, jacket, papers, recycling. You name it and I’ve done it in the last few days. I learned to put my paws up on a chair so that Mom can do my leash without having to bend over. She pays me really good for doing this one. Yummy dog chocolates! Mom went and had some special pictures taken this morning. AuntyMaigen went with us to hang out with me in the waiting room because I couldn’t go with Mom for some reason. Hopefully this helps the guys in the white coats figure out what’s going on with Mom and then they can make her feel better. Last night Mom was sore enough after the 5 hour drive home that we stayed home and watched tv instead of going to pole. Mom being sore also means that I get to wear the Halti a lot again. Not because I’m being extra bad but because if I pulled at full strength, I could really hurt Mom. I don’t want to hurt Mom and the halti helps with my self control.

No comments: