Thursday, March 18, 2010

We need to be a 2 car family

Right now we have 1. And this morning I said Nick should take it since it is technically his and I always feel so bad when I can't pick him up because I have to work before he's done class and he ends up having to bum a ride off of one of his classmates.

So I took the bus. Or I tried to. I left a little bit later than I intended to, just enough that I would have missed the bus that google maps said I wanted to get there on time. So I caught the next one, not a huge deal. But then I knew I had missed one of my connections because of that. Okay, there was another bus I could take to get to school. And then just as I get there, that one pulls away from the stop. Okay, now I was going to be 30 minutes late for class at least, depending on the temperment and timing of the next bus. And then, a car drove past me and head-to-toe-ed me in gutter water! I smell like swamp! My clean hoody that I put on today is soaked, my last pair of clean jeans is soaked (and we're not doing laundry until Sunday), my downfilled jacket is going to have to be drycleaned, and does anybody know how to clean a backpack in a way that won't wreck any of it's peices? So I turned around and came home. And I'm proud of myself that I managed to not cry until I got home. Then I lost it.

I just wanted to make sure my computer wasn't wet from being in my backpack. Since I had it open, I figured I would post this quickly. Now I'm going to go for my second bath of the day to get the swamp water out of my hair and the dirt off my skin.

No comments: