Monday, November 22, 2010

Doctor’s shock and amazement

I went to a doctor’s appointment this morning. My first meeting with him had been a couple weeks ago. He upped my antidepressant and wanted to see how I was doing. Life seems to be going much better. I have more energy. I’m getting more done – house work and homework. I’m making it to classes more often, although this morning I was tempted to stay home (it’s –30 Celsius outside today).

While we were at the Doctor’s, Paige alerted to me. She was looking asleep but when we started talking about Christmas, she altered to me. Christmas is a very stressful time for me. It’s way too many people in way too short a time. I can usually only handle a crowd once or twice a week. Christmas week is nearly 10 days of people straight. As we were talking about it, I started to talk faster. Paige gave me this stare that went straight through my skull. I took a deep breath and patted her. When I explained to the doctor what she did, he was amazed! It was an anit-anxiety tactic that is better and quicker than med with only positive side effects. He was so impressed with how effective Paige was at her job. I didn’t quite know how to explain that this isn’t something that I taught her to do. My Doctor is so interested in Hope Heels. He has so many questions, as do others in his office. This is an entirely new idea in this field. I left him with my email address so that he can send me questions as he thinks of them instead of trying to remember them for when I come to his office. This is a really good office to be introducing SD ideas into as it is the head office of the government’s mental health program. It will reach far into the system I hope.

No comments: