Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More sleep needed

There is something wrong with me; so far, cause unknown. For the last few days, all I've wanted to do is sleep! Like 16+ hours of sleep in each day. This is crazy. Nobody truly needs this much sleep for nearly a straight week! But I can't stay awake. Today I went to school early for class because I was going to fall asleep if I stayed at home. I know I won't sleep in public so out the door I went. I'm having trouble paying any attention in class. I'm having trouble reading. I can get 2 or 3 pages and then the words stop making sense. Get up, do something, try to read again. But all I want to do is sleep. This isn't good or normal. It's kind of scary. I hope we can figure this out. I went for blood work today. My doctor had ordered it a while ago but I was having trouble getting around to it. I needed to do it first thing in the morning because it was one of those tests that I needed to fast for 12 hours before hand. For me, that means I need to be the first person in the lab in the morning. Trying to get that fitted in my schedule has been difficult. But I'm hoping that something shows up in the lab report. Going to call my doctor and set up an appointment for next week. Does anybody know how long it takes for lab work to get back to the doctors office? I'm hoping that this is something simple like a thyroid that has gone out or a small case of iron deficiency. Here's hoping.

No comments: